The Foundation presents the C&C Prizes to distinguished persons in recognition of outstanding contributions to research and development and/or pioneering work in the fields of semiconductors, computers, and/or telecommunications and in their integrated technologies (C&C).
The C&C Prizes was established in 1985 and are awarded to no more than two groups annually. Each recipient is given a certificate, a plaque, and a cash award (10,000,000 yen for each group).
2013 Prize Ceremony
Request for 2014 C&C Prize Nomination(s) →Closed
The NEC C&C Foundation requests nominations for 2014 C&C Prize by Friday, May 30.
Click here for details
Selection Schedule of C&C Prize
|Request for candidate nominations||Mid-April ～ May|
|Selection (by Awards Committee)||Jun ～|
|Prize winner announcement||October|
C&C Prize recipients recieved recent years' major awards.
- Dr. Yasuharu Suematsu (1994 recipient) was awarded the 2014 Japan Prize.
- Dr. Shun’ichi Iwasaki (1993 recipient) was awarded the 2010 Japan Prize and the 2013 Order of Culture, Japan’s highest cultural award.
- Dr. Robert H.Dennard (2006 recipient) was awarded the 2009 IEEE Medal of Honor and the 2013 Kyoto Prize for category of Advanced Technology.
- Dr. Dennis M. Ritchie (1989 recipient) and Dr. Kenneth L. Thompson (1989 recipient) was awarded the 2011 Japan Prize.
- Dr. Andrew J. Viterbi (1992 recipient) was awarded the 2010 IEEE Medal of Honor.
- Dr. Isamu Akasaki (1998 recipient) was awarded the 2009 Kyoto Prize for the category of Advanced Technology.
- Dr. Charles K. Kao (1987 recipient), Dr. Willard S. Boyle (1999 recipient) and
Dr. George E. Smith (1999 recipient) were awarded the 2009 Nobel Prize in Physics.